Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Di dove sei (where are you from)?
Come stai (how are you)?
Penna (pen)

These are some of the first words I learned in my Italian class yesterday. I just got out of Florentine Villas and EVERY class I have (except for my final) is a site trip. I can't wait to get into the countryside.

Yesterday was Louisa's birthday and we invited some people from Wake, a girl from NYU and a girl from Duke to come out with us to dinner. After dinner we got gelato (I had chocolate-orange and yogurt-nutella) and we walked along the Arno to this little local beach bar on the river. We sat on the dam and listened to a woman strum her guitar while singing Jeff Buckley's "Hallelujah" in Italian. It was really good to be with Wake people and it ended up being a great night- very chill.

I'm currently trying to figure out inexpensive options for traveling to Positano this weekend. It looks like I'm going to have to take a train to Naples, another train to Sorrento and then a bus to Positano... What could go wrong? Hahaha.

Missing you....

-Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment