Sunday, September 6, 2009

Hello, My Name Is Haiber



So since I've been in Salamanca I have learned that my name is not Spanish friendly. 

I knew it was going to take a while for my madre to remember my name when she could hardly say it no matter how many times I repeated it. In fact the first morning I was here, I could hear my madre and little sister, Laura, snickering in the hall and asking each other if they could remember my name. haha too funny. Finally they just came and knocked on my door to tell me to help myself to breakfast. 

Since then I have been called Ivan, Ivory, and Ivy. I was Ivy for about 4 days which I really liked hahah.

But since yesterday things have rapidly progressed. I woke up Saturday afternoon (late since we were out until 5am) to a note saying that we would be having lunch at 3:15. And you may be asking yourself...who was this note addressed to?? None other than HAIBER. Yes, spelled that way and everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment