Sunday, August 30, 2009

hola de espana!

hola hola hola!

After a two hour delay on the runway in Atlanta, we finally got to take off towards Philadelphia. One problem, I was still in the air at 6:30 which was when my plane to Madrid was supposedly leaving, and I had not heard if it had been delayed due to weather yet. So we took off and I crossed my fingers that my plane would still be there waiting for me when I arrived over an hour late....

Good news! It was there and had been delayed until 8! So I basically walked off my plane and ran to my next flight to walk directly on. It was sooo exhausting. 

I got onto the plane and walked about half a mile down the aisle until I got to row 37 (the second to last row of the plane), and who was awaiting my arrival there?? Well, it was actually a 6'10" pro basketball player that was on his way to play for some island team in Spain. Needless to say we made a good pair because he took up 75% of our shared space and I only need 25%. I literally sat down and said, "Thank god I'm not a 300lb fat man. I'm Haven by the way," and we were instantly friends. 

There were 3 others on my program on the plane including ShAnnon. We were the first to Madrid and waited 3 hours for everyone else to arrive, and then we got on our bus for a 2.5 hour trip to Salamanca. 

And now I'm here! My family consists of my madre y dos hermanas. One is 19 and the other 9. My room is approximately the size of a closet and is complete with bunk beds-- my fave. 

I'm sitting in a park now stealing this internet and waiting for Shannon to arriveeeeeee. 

I miss yall so so so so so much. I'm honestly a little freaked out still, but I'm good.

No comments:

Post a Comment